Mazars was the general partner of the conference “Green economy is the new economy. ESG in the financial sector” („Zielona ekonomia to nowa ekonomia. ESG w sektorze finansowym”) organised by the Centre of Banking Law and Information of the Polish Bank Association on 2 March, 2022. The event focused on changes that must be implemented in the management system and internal processes in order to meet regulatory requirements in the area of sustainability.
- ESG from a global and European perspective.
- How can modern technologies, already present in the financial sector, support institutions in fulfilling their obligations imposed by ESG regulations?
- How the conducted activities should include the issue of translating legal and regulatory provisions into technology and including the environment of technological suppliers in terms of dialogue on this issue?
- Reporting of ESG data by economic entities.
- Availability of banking services and products for all clients, especially for people with disabilities or seniors.
The conference was opened by Włodzimierz Kiciński, Vice-president of the Polish Bank Association.
Amid speakers there were representatives of financial, and business sectors, NGOs and advisory firms. The guest speaker was Phuong Gomard, Partner responsible for sustainable financing at Mazars with a lecture “ESG: risks or opportunities for the banking sector?”.
The event was addressed to sustainable development directors, compliance directors, members of the management boards of banks, persons responsible for a bank's strategy, representatives of the scientific community, heads of interbank institutions.
More information on the organizer’s website.
The event was held online, in Polish.